Deep Dish Gooey Cookie Pie

Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie - Ooey gooey with peanut butter and marshmallow filling!! http://backforsecondsblog.com #cookiepie #peanutbutter #pie #castironskillet

Let’s talk cookies.
Everyone has a favorite kind of cookie, right? I mean who doesn’t love a good cookie?
But I feel like people don’t give them enough credit. They’re not fancy enough. Not good enough to be the dessert at your dinner party. Kids stuff, you might say.
Well, I say they’re delicious, and there’s no reason a yummy cookie can’t be the star of your next gathering. Just call it Deep Dish Gooey Cookie Pie, bake it in a deep skillet, and I assure you no one will turn up their nose at having “just a cookie” for dessert.

There are a thousand variations you could make, but I adore the ever popular chocolate chip cookie, so that’s what I used. Feel free to mix it up and use whatever cookie dough is your favorite.

Deep Dish Gooey Cookie Pie

by Back For Seconds

• 1 batch of chocolate chip cookie dough
  • 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350*
Mix up a batch of your favorite cookie dough (If you want to make this super easy, just use store bought dough – Pillsbury is always yummy!)
Press half of the dough into a greased 12″ cast iron skillet. Top with dollops of peanut butter evenly all over the dough. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Top with remaining cookie dough, making sure to spread it evenly.

Bake for 25 minutes or until edges brown and cookie is set. ┬áTastes great at room temperature but is super yummy warmed up with ice cream on top…and maybe a drizzle of hot fudge if you wanna go crazy :)

62 Responses to “Deep Dish Gooey Cookie Pie”

1. Sounds really good and easy!

2. I love that you put peanut butter on top! That’s genius!

3. You had me at GOOEY! I am a cookie monster and love simple recipes like this. Also – I just LOVE your header…purple is my favorite color and I love that font! Have a wonderful week.

4. Meagan says:

I’m visiting from the link up! This looks AMAZING! I’m a cookie fanatic, so I’ll be trying this as soon as possible. Thanks for sharing!

5. Stephanie says:

Oh wow this looks SO good!! Thanks for sharing!

New follower :)

Stephanie

6. This looks so good! Drooling over here.

7. Wow! That looks way too good!! That would be great for a summer pot luck!

8. Tracey M. says:

All I can say is – WOW! Just had to check out this recipe after seeing the picture. What a great combination.

9. Simply Tia says:

Oh my! Wonderful start to my morning. This looks so tasty!

10. I don’t marshamallows here but I am defintely going to do this with my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and dollops of peanut butter! thank you for sharing

11. Awesome. I am pinning this later. Thank you so much for sharing at Must Try Monday!

12. Nicola says:

Yum! I bet the added marshmallows are fantastic.

13. Jocelyn says:

Oh boy! Now you have me craving chocolate chip cookies like no other:-) I bet the extra peanut butter and marshmallows in this creates and awesome gooeyness!!!!

14. yum! I gain 5 lbs every time I visit your blog LOL I gave you an award http://www.addhousewife.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

15. Can you send me some? This looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

16. Oh my!
    I don’t cook, or bake… This is the point where I call my husband (who does both and loves it – thank god!) and get him to make it!

17. Oh Boy this look amazing! Thanks for sharing at Beautify It Monday!

18. This is my kids favorite! Yours looks amazing.

19. Onna says:

Yum! Wow. I can’t wait to try this. It looks so delicious!

20. Amy says:

I am such a sucker for all things sweet! Thanks for linking up at Whimsy Wednesday!
    Amy@homehappyhome

21. Ruth says:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm looks awesomely yummy! gotta try this!

22. looks great… thanks for sharing we hopped here from simply designing

23. Love this! We just posted our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday link party and would love for you to share this!

24. Just wanted to tell you I whipped this up last night and can’t stay out of it. I’m not even fond of marshmallows, but this dish is incredibly delicious. So glad you shared!

25. This would be such a big hit with the kids, thanks for sharing!

Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill
    alderberryhill.blogspot.com

26. Art By ASM says:

Do you have your chocolate chip cookie recipe? Thanks for posting! Sounds awesome!

Annamaria

I am following you and liked you on Facebook, if you’d like I’d appreciate the return. Thank You! Have an awesome weekend!

27. Maria says:

Oh yum!!! What a great idea, this looks absolutely wonderful!!!!

28. Oh my goodness…cookie pie?! Yes please! Thanks for linking up at this week’s party!

29. Katrina says:

Mmm, this looks so good! Love the peanut butter and mallows on top!

30. I’m literally drooling! Sounds yummie!! :-) just found your blog via “Sweet as Sugar” I hope you’ll visit mine too

31. Thank you so much for sharing over at Weekend Potluck. I shared this on my facebook wall today! I did notice though that Weekend Potluck wasn’t included in your list of linky parties that you link to each week. We like to make sure folks know how to get to our linky party to participate if they would like or to at least look at all the recipes that are shared. To be a featured recipe our link does have to be included on your main blog post though. I really appreciate you sharing this with us. It looks SO good!

32. Shannon says:

That looks delicious. I agree the peanut butter is a great addition! I may need to try out this recipe :)

33. Yum … that looks so delicious! I’m pinning!

34. The title alone has me drooling!!! :) Deep dish and gooey… YUM! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

35. Alyssa says:

This looks fabulous. I’m pinning it! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday. I hope to see you there next week!

36. Happy to follow your blog from the Grant Life Blog Hop… those are some recipes you have on there! Really looking forward to your future posts! Hope you can follow back! :)
    S.O.S. Mom

37. Becolorful says:

I’m in for thirds. :D Thanks for sharing on BeColorful
    pam

38. Candace says:

What a perfect dessert! I would love to have a slice of this right now. Yum!

39. Patti says:

well, this made my mouth water – looks delish!

40. OMG! Found you on Craftastic Monday…. This looks ridiculous!

41. I almost made something like this, last night. I was craving CC cookies. This looks amazing. I saw you on Stone Gable’s “On the Menu Monday.”

42. I’m not sure which recipe I like best! Thanks for joining Southern Sundays!

43. Diane Balch says:

I love a rich cookie pie. It has all the goodness of cookies with a lot less work. Please share this on my foodie friday linky today.

44. Looks great! I love your addition of marshmallows and peanut butter!!

45. Hayley says:

What the..? Is this real life? Duuuuuuuude, I’ll make the margs, you bring the cookie pie, deal?! OMG.

46. Yes please! I really should use my cast iron more so this may just have to happen in the near future :)

47. Oh, my goodness! There are so many yummy ingredients in that recipe! It looks fabulous. Headed to like you on facebook.

48. This looks so good! Love chocolate peanut butter!

49. Joan Hayes says:

OK, I want this now, for morning snack, with my coffee! Pinned!

50. Stephanie,
    This looks amazing! My daughter LOVES the Pazookies at BJ’s Restaurant and I can’t wait to make this for her because I’m sure she’ll love this one just as much!
    Michelle

51. Kathi says:

What if you don’t have a cast iron skillet? Can you make it in a 9X13 pan?

52. Leah Murdoch says:

Love it!!

53. normajean says:

I was planning on making it in a pie pan since it’s pretty much the same size. I had to get rid of my cast iron pan when it started getting to heavy for me to carry safely.

54. Melinda says:

I tried this a few weeks. It was delicious and easy. Thanks for the recipe!

55. Emma says:

I absolutely love cookies, I tried the recipe, it is the best! Thanks for telling me about it! My friends love it all!

1. Foodies Network » Deep Dish Gooey Cookie Pie