Banana Orange Bread

Banana Orange Bread by Back For Seconds  #breakfast #recipe #quickbread #banana #orange #glaze

I’ll be honest, most of the time I skip breakfast. I know it’s the most important meal and all that, but I’m just not hungry first thing in the morning and I am too tired to want to make breakfast.
This bread is so good and has such a bright flavor, and if you make it the night before it’s a quick thing to grab in those groggy hours after waking.
With or without the glaze, this bread was a huge hit in our house!

Banana Orange Bread
by: Back For Seconds

• 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1 large ripe banana
  • 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
  • 2 tsp orange zest
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients with the butter until crumbly. In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients. Blend the two mixtures together until smooth. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350* for  50-60 min or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool in pan for 15 minutes and then remove and cool on wire rack. When ready to serve pour the glaze over bread.
Orange Vanilla Glaze
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2-4 Tbs fresh orange juice
  • 1 tsp orange zest
Mix ingredients together until desired consistency is reached. Pour over bread when ready to eat or store in the refrigerator.

30 Responses to “Banana Orange Bread”

1. Those flavors sound very tasty! And that glaze…yum!

2. Mama Jodi says:

This looks really yummy. Banana bread is a favorite around here, and I love the idea of adding the citrus. I bet it’s great. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Jodi @ http://www.meaningfulmama.com

3. Nicola says:

Yum! This would be perfect to make for spring!

4. Yum! Would be an indulgent breakfast! Would love you to share this at Breakfast Ideas Mondays – http://www.yummyinspirations.net/2012/05/nutella-cinnamon-porridge-and-breakfast.html :)

5. Nancy W says:

This looks delicious! I was just going to make Banana Bread today, I’ll have to try your recipe!

6. Yum! I love having those sorts of things to grab for breakfast. Delish!

7. This really sounds good…I love anything with orange, and I’m a sucker for sugar glaze!

8. Jenn says:

This sounds like a great twist on banana bread! BTW – that cheesecake up in your header looks amazing!

9. Wow. I love banana bread, but I have a feeling I am going to love banana orange bread even more. Thank you for sharing. :)

10. Yummm! I’ve never added citrus to banana bread, but I love just about everything orange, so this sounds like a keeper. I’m putting it in my recipe files for sure. Thanks for sharing it!

11. Evelyn says:

That sounds so fresh and yummy. I have had banana bread and have had orange cake but never blended the two. I wished you have saved me a piece:) Ok, I can make it since you shared the recipe. Just popping in to let you know that Freedom Fridays is up and running, I would so love it if you would link up again this week. Looking forward to see you there!

12. Yoli N. says:

That looks like a healthier breakfast option than what I had today :-s

13. Jill says:

That looks so delicious! Love banana bread! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

14. AndiWinslow says:

My first pin from a blog. So excited. Your bread sounds delish, and I will try this at some point thank you andi thewednesdaybaker.blogspot.com

15. nancy W says:

This looks so delicious! A great twist on banana bread!

16. bj says:

I can’t wait to try this. I love orange ANYthing, especially when it is topped with such a delicious sounding glaze.
    I am following…:))
    Over from G’Day.

17. Alyssa says:

This bread looks great. I like how you can make it the night before. I usually don’t eat breakfast because I don’t feel like making anything. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

18. This looks great and making it the night before let’s the flavors really set in.

19. Yummy. This bread sounds so good, I am definitely giving it a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Smiles, Paula

20. Six Sisters says:

This bread is delicious! We are so glad you came to another week of our fun “Strut Your Stuff Saturday”. Please join us again! -The Sisters

21. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe…I was planning on making some banana bread today. :-) Can’t wait to try your delicious looking version!

22. Love, Love, Love banana bread…now I have to try this recipe with orange. Yum!
    Ted @A Guy Who Loves To Cook recently posted..Chicken with Fresh Morel MushroomsMy Profile

23. I saw your Bubblegum Cookie Truffles over on Pook’s Pantry Pink Party….and had to come over here to get a closer look at everything! This Banana Orange Bread caught my eye…I love banana bread, and I have really been on a citrus kick lately. AND it reminded me of the punch line to that old knock-knock joke, “Orange you glad I didn’t say banana again??” So now I have to make this incredible bread! :)
    ~Joy from Yesterfood

24. Kirsten says:

Stephanie,

Thanks for giving me the link to include in my upcoming Band Fruit Fundraiser Recipe Round Up! It will be published on 12/4/2013!
    Kirsten recently posted..Citrus and Honey Whole Grain MuffinsMy Profile

25. Robin says:

Sounds wonderful! Can this bread be frozen?

26. Peggy says:

Going to try this one….sounds amazing.
    Peggy recently posted..Nascar Jimmy Johnson Dog Tag Necklace UNISEX by SparxsDesignsMy Profile

1. Banana Orange Bread | Mommy's Working On It
  2. 15 Perfect Entertaining Recipes - Sarah Titus ~ Saving Money Never Goes Out of Style
  3. 112 Awesome Brunch Recipes - Sugar Dish Me