Double Decker Coconut Cream Brownies

Coconut Cream Brownies  @Backforseconds  #brownies #coconut #frosting
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Sweet dessert lovers
and
Rich dessert lovers
I am the latter.
Brownies are my weakness. There I said it. Now don’t go using it against me!
You can wave lollipops and candy corn in front of me for as long as you want, I won’t take ‘em. Too sweet for me.
But put a plate of rich fudgy brownies nearby and I’m in trouble. And you’re out of luck, because I just ate your brownie ;)
Coconut Cream Brownies  @Backforseconds  #brownies #coconut #frosting

These are my favorite brownies on the planet. I have never tasted one that I like better. I make them all the time, but this time, I wanted to add a little something. Frosting. Coconut frosting.
I went a little overboard when piping the coconut goodness on this particular brownie. It seemed the frosting to brownie ratio was a bit off. No big deal, just add another brownie!
Ahhh, perfect!

• 1 1/2 cup flour
For the frosting:
  • 1 cup butter softened
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp coconut extract
  • 3-6 Tbs coconut milk
  • shredded coconut for garnish (if desired)
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350*
In a large microwave safe bowl melt the butter and stir in the cocoa until well incorporated. Add in the sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs, stirring well with a wooden spoon after each egg addition. Slowly stir in the flour until well blended and smooth. Pour into a greased 9×13″ pan and bake for 22-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over bake, you want these nice and fudgy! Let cool before frosting.
For the frosting
Beat together butter, sugar, coconut extract, and 2 Tbs of coconut milk. If too thick add more coconut milk 1 Tbs at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.

58 Responses to “Double Decker Coconut Cream Brownies”

1. OMG…these look sinfully delish! YUMMY! :D

2. Hi, these brownies look delightful. YUM.

3. COCONUT frosting? Wow. And those brownies look SO good. I {heart} brownies.

4. Pamela says:

Looks really YUMMY!!

5. Mmmm – chocolate and coconut … Perfect! Looks delicious :)

6. I’m the same about brownies. Yum.

7. What a fantastic combination!!! Oh my god I adore coconut and in frosting! I’m trying this for sure!

8. Kristina says:

Participating in the GFC Blog Hop for the first time! I’m your newest follower. :)

Kristina

9. I love candy corn, lollipops, bubblegum, and gummi worms. But these brownies… oh man. When I need something rich, a brownie like this is what gets me through the day. Coconut milk must make that frosting unbelievably creamy. :)

10. Jessica.B says:

These look fantastic! I’m definitely leaving a new follower via GFC :D Hope you’ll take the time to swing by some time!

-Jessica
    {Sugar in My Grits}

11. That looks delish!

Hopping by and following your lovely blog (FB, Twitter, HC, Instagram and Pinterest).

The Quiet Mom blogging @ How to Cook Fresh Artichoke Recipe

Also, don’t miss this: 12 Major Reasons to Use Self-Hosted WordPress for Blogging and Selling Your Products Online + Custom Blog or Social Network Button Giveaway

12. My problem is that I like both sweet and rich. =) Brownies are definitely one of my favorites, though! And with coconut?? Man, oh man, this looks amazing!!

13. lulumusing says:

Brownies are my all time favorite and this is a new way to prepare them. You can be sure they are next on my dessert list.

14. OMG YUM! FYI- I’ve nominated you for the “Lieb ster Award”! Check it out, and thanks for having a great blog :)

15. OMG YUM!!

PS,

16. OMG. I {puffy heart} brownies. Majorly. They’re one of my weaknesses, even though I like blondies a teensy bit better. But then you had to go and add COCONUT to the mix, and coconut is just the best thing evah. I will fight you for that last brownie!! :)

17. Ohmaigawdddd, I can’t handle this! Coconut and coconut frosting on top of my brownie? No wonder we’re such good friends :) these look AMAZING and I love your smarty tip about adding another brownie to that huge pile of frosting on top of that fudgey pillow of amazingness. Can you say Almond Joy brownie sandwich?! I {puffy heart} you and these gorgeous brownies!

18. Jaime Lyn says:

I’m a sweet dessert lover but these brownies look amazing! And I like that the coconut flavor comes from the milk, I’m not a fan of shredded coconut’s texture but I do like the flavor :)

Thank you for linking up to Mom’s Test Meal Mondays!

19. I adore chocolate and coconut! looks fabulous

20. Winnie says:

These brownies look soooooooo rich and sinful – just perfect! I just have to try them :)

21. these look delicious, i will have to give these a go asap.
    i would love it if you would drop past my blog and link up with us

22. Danielle says:

Oh my goodness are you serious?! Yumm!!!!

Thanks for linking up on the HOP today!

23. Cait says:

brownies are my weakness too ha! stopping by from the link up! so glad i did because your blog is super cute! cant wait to read more :)

24. Di Jinx says:

Wow, now those look GOOD! Pinned, immediately.
    I found you through Salt Trees party. I linked up:
    Thanks so much for this recipe:) Di{CookTheTV}

25. Shelley says:

Looks yummy!! I’m a new follower from the blog party!

26. Printabelle says:

OMG, those are completely decadent. How very delicious, thank for linking them!

27. Oh wow these sound amazing! Come link up to centerpiece Wednesday and share your ideas with us!
    Karin

28. DEANNE MORSE says:

THIS IS GENIUS, ABSOLUTE GENIUS!!! THIS IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!!! DEANNE @ DELIGHTFUL CURIOSITY

29. I am getting a sweet tooth ache just by looking at your decedent photos! YUMMY! Thank you so much for joining TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS with your sweet treat!

30. Jess says:

Chocolate and coconut is a killer combination. Thanks!

31. Coconut and brownies!! These sound dreamy. I’d love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursdays-3.html

Thanks, Nichi

32. Looks amazing! Thanks for linking up to the Pomp Party! Pinning!

33. nothing can be too sweet or too rich, yummy!

34. Brownies are my favorite and these look absolutely delightful. Id love it if you stopped by my link party to share. http://acraftycook.blogspot.com/2012/08/1-month-of-fun-august-link-party.html

35. Sarah Evans says:

Oh wow. These look so nice it’s almost criminal. Naughty but nice!

Sarah

36. These sound delicious. O love coconut and brownies will have to try these.
    Karissa

37. I love anything with coconut!!! These look so yummy! Laura

38. Of all of your fabulous creations, this may just be my favorite!!

39. Ummmm, I would like to add some vanilla ice cream, too! They look so delish!

40. Mary says:

Sinfully delicious!

41. These are beautiful brownies, they look like my kind of treat!

42. YUMMERS!!!! This is MY kind of dessert too….thanks so much for linking up at Weekend Potluck.

43. Cindy says:

Yes, life is all about brownies!

44. Just wanted to let you know I featured this as part of my link party wrap up today!

45. Ang says:

these look AMAZING!! stopping by from mom’s test meals monday – hope you’ll come visit me at jugglingactmama.blogspot.com

46. Yum, yum and dare I say it again, yum! I love me a good brownie and this looks so tasty. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you tomorrow.

47. Absolutely LOVE! Thank you for sharing on Thursday’s Treasures Week 46. <3 and hugs!

48. I’ve featured your awesome brownies on Thursday’s Treasures Week 47. Could you please add a link back to week 46. <3 and hugs, dear!

49. These look fabulous! Featuring these tomorrow night at Mop It Up Mondays!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

50. Oh yum! Thanks for sharing at Snips and Spice Sunday Slice. I featured you this week!

51. Oh yum! Thanks for sharing at Snips and Spice Sunday Slice. I featured you this week!

52. Oh yum! Thanks for sharing at Snips and Spice Sunday Slice. I featured you this week!

53. Wow, those look absolutely fabulous! I HAVE to give these a try. Thanks so much for sharing! I’m heading to the kitchen right… now!

54. Kristy says:

These look and sound fabulous! I’m a brownie lover too…and a rich dessert lover as well!!

55. sehr says:

i made thm today taste was good but a little dry.can u suggest a reason for tht thanks

The only thing I can think of is that you over baked them. Every oven is different, so cooking times can vary. These are very moist fudgy brownies, so if you are sure you didn’t leave anything out, I’d say you just baked them too long. I hope next time they are perfect :)

1. Tropical Chocolate Mousse Parfaits « Back for Seconds