Oreo and Cookie Dough Cookies aka Franken-cookies

Oreo Stuffed Cookie Dough Cookies #oreo #cookiedough #cookies #dessert #easy

After baking these cookies, I had them sitting on cooling racks on my counter when my unsuspecting husband asked why they looked “like that“.  Oh, because they’re stuffed with Oreos. Double Stuffed Oreos to be precise, I replied.

Oreo Stuffed Cookie Dough Cookies #oreo #cookiedough #cookies #dessert #easy

He the proceeded to tell me I created a Fanken-cookie. Haha, I like that.

To be fair the original idea was not mine. I’m sure you’ve seen these on Picky Palate.  However, I did tweak them a bit to make them my own. For one, they are stuffed with double stuffed oreos – cuz that’s how I roll.  And I used my own cookie dough recipe (here is a favorite of mine – I just didn’t add the oats). Also, I wanted an extra cookie dough layer because the way to make a cookie stuffed with a cookie even better is to top it with cookie dough. Am I right?

Oreo Stuffed Cookie Dough Cookies #oreo #cookiedough #cookies #dessert #easy

Oreo Cookie Dough Cookies

Serves 20
Cook time 10 minutes
Total time 20 minutes
Meal type Dessert, Snack
Misc Child Friendly, Freezable, Gourmet, Pre-preparable
Chocolate chip cookies meet Oreos and cookie dough. These are impossible to resist!

• 1 batch chocolate chip cookie dough
  • 20 Oreos

Preheat oven to 350*
Take a scoop of cookie dough and wrap it around the oreo, covering it completely. To achieve the cookie dough layer, be sure to have a generous amount of dough on top of the oreo, and a thin layer underneath the oreo.
Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at least 2" apart for about 9-11 minutes (depending on how large you make your cookies). Remember to not overbake. They are done when the edges start to brown. The top will still be underdone - like cookie dough!

25 Responses to “Oreo and Cookie Dough Cookies aka Franken-cookies”

1. Oh my SO delicious Stephanie. Double stuff? Double yes. :)
    Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Whatever FridayMy Profile

2. Liz says:

I’ve made these winners before, but you’ve made them even more incredible!!!
    Liz recently posted..Hot Fudge Pudding Cake….#Sunday Supper, #Soul WarmingMy Profile

3. I don’t normally like oreos but I think that I would love these!

Thanks for sharing at Mealtime Monday!

Kaylee
    Kaylee @ Couponing & Cooking recently posted..Mealtime Monday Recipe Link Up & Features {#29}My Profile

4. I’ve made these and they are so, so, so good! Like evil good.
    Karyn – Pint Sized Baker recently posted..Online BlogCon Wrap-Up and a Linky PartyMy Profile

5. Jillian says:

My friend made these before, they were soooo good but soo bad because I after having one I wanted to eat all of them!

6. Oh man, these could really be addicting. The more cookie dough the better:)
    Erin @ Wholly Delicious Dishes recently posted..Corn Chip ChiliMy Profile

7. LOL franken-cookies! LOve these Stephanie – I’ve always wanted to try the whole Oreo-stuffed cookie idea!! how can you NOT love a cookie inside a COOKIE?!?!
    sally @ sallys baking addiction recently posted..chocolate glazed banana bread muffins.My Profile

8. THESE. ARE. KILLER. Totally amazing and beautiful! I love that you used Double Stuf Oreos–um, is there any reason why you’d use the puny regular ones when you could totally amp it up and use Double Stuf? I think not! Gorgeous pics too!
    Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Dark Chocolate Toffee Potato Chip CookiesMy Profile

9. This is crazy talk! Chocolate chip cookies and oreos are my husband’s favorite things in the world. If I made these for him I think he’d go crazy!

Visiting from On The Menu Monday :)

Tammy
    ourneckofthewoods.net
    Tammy/Our Neck of the Woods recently posted..Maple Brown Sugar Granola CookiesMy Profile

10. Mouth-watering *drools*
    thanks for sharing (:

11. A cookie inside of a cookie! That’s crazy, and I love it!
    Kari@Loaves and Dishes recently posted..MAMA T’S STUFFED EGGPLANTMy Profile

12. I am in love with all the oreo’s stuffed into cookies! These look amazing!
    Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen recently posted..Pumpkin Spiced PancakesMy Profile

13. SUCH good pics, Stephanie! I have wanted to try making an Oreo stuffed cookie for awhile and now I know I need to do it ASAP. These turned out awesome–love that you used double stuffed!
    Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl recently posted..Bananas Foster BreadMy Profile

14. Sanghamitra says:

Beautiful post! Couldn’t agree more. Love the header.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

15. Marti says:

Looks super good, I can’t wait to make this!!

16. Krystal says:

Stopping in from Wow me Wed. link up, and boy did you Wow me! Yumm, these look so awesome! Thanks for posting, and I’ll def be pinning and hopefully eating soon!

-Krystal
    Krystal recently posted.."Thankful" bunting- DiyMy Profile

17. I always love swinging by to say, “Hello from Whimsy Wednesday!” Thank you for partying with us!
    Kelly,
    Smart! School {House}
    Kelly at Smart! School {House} recently posted..Whimsy Wednesday Nov. 6thMy Profile

18. Elise says:

Ahh these look insanely delicious!! Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop http://www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you’d like to follow each other!
    Elise recently posted..October, InstagrammedMy Profile

19. These look amazing. I can’t wait to try them. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party and would love to have you share this with everyone. Here is the link to the party.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

20. Michelle says:

Stephanie,
    These are AMAZING! I can’t wait to try this recipe. Have you ever tried any other cookies? Ooooh the possibilities! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

21. Cookie dough cookies?! GENIUS.
    Jen @ Savory Simple recently posted..Comfort Foods Recipe Roundup + a Favorite Things #GiveawayMy Profile

1. Oreo Cookie Dough Cookies {Desserts} |