Unveiling the Mystery: Meet the Person Behind Back For Seconds

First of all, let me start by saying that I have received so many messages and emails from sweet readers wanting to know about the person behind Back For Seconds. This post is for you!

Honestly, when I first started this blog I wanted to be anonymous. No one knew my name or anything about me, and I was happy with that.

I wanted Back For Seconds to be a place all about yummy recipes, so why put myself out there when you come for the food?

Besides…what if you didn’t like me?? Eeek! After a while I realized that in order to connect with people over the internet I  would have to open up and share a bit about myself.

When you visit me here, I want you to feel like you’re visiting a friend – as well as getting a tasty recipe!  So today is the day, folks. I really wasn’t sure what to share, so it’s just a lot of random things about me. Maybe we are a lot alike?

About Me @ Back For Seconds

1. I believe in miracles.

2. I am addicted to all things sparkly.

3. I can’t make a decision to save my life.

4. My hair color is constantly changing (see #3).

5. I am shy, compassionate, and slightly disorganized.

6. I love fashion.

7. Chocolate, gooey, and fudgy desserts get the thumbs up from me.

8. I never use recipes or measure ingredients. This blog forces me to keep track of such things ;)

9. I feel naked without jewelry.

10. I like shopping a little too much.

11. I love cooking/baking with my little girl.

12. I love being a mom and I try to soak up every second I have with my babies.

13. I love taking pictures and the photographs of my family are among my most treasured possessions.

14. I get totally giddy (and still get butterflies) on dates with my husband.

15. I like to overdose on accessories.

16. I am a hairstylist.

17. I design, create, and sell jewelry (found here).

18. I don’t believe there is a greater sound than baby giggles. When all 3 of my littles are giggling together it totally melts me.

19. I have naturally curly hair.

20. Peanut butter and chocolate is my favorite flavor combo.

Let’s get personal:

* I am married to the coolest guy ever. We got engaged at 20, and after 8 years of marriage we are still crazy about each other.

* I am a Christian. I don’t do everything right. I make mistakes. I don’t deserve God’s grace but thankfully, He gives it freely anyway.

* I am mama to nine babies. Six are in the arms of Jesus and I miss them everyday. Our daughter and twin baby boys give us immeasurable joy and they are proof that miracles happen.

* As much as I would like to, I can’t please everyone, but if I am honoring the Lord, that’s all that really matters.

And lastly, a confession:

More often than not, I eat cookies for breakfast!

I appreciate each one of you so much – whether you’re a lurker or a regular commenter. It means so much to me to have you as a reader. Really!! Thanks a million for visiting Back For Seconds and taking the time to get to know me a bit. I want to get to know you too and I love getting comments and emails from you! So, let’s get to know each other! Do we have a lot in common? What are some random facts about you? Please share!

25 Responses to “Unveiling the Mystery: Meet the Person Behind Back For Seconds”

1. Love it, love you! And you’re gorgeous. :) Just had to say it!
    Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Pecan Praline CheesecakesMy Profile

2. Marie says:

Thanks for sharing with us about yourself. You are beautiful on the outside and by the sound of it on the inside too :)

Blessings,

Marie

3. L says:

Nice to meet you! Beautiful pics!
    L recently posted..Egg Nog BreadMy Profile

4. First let me say that you are gorgeous, lady! :)
    I have two sweet angels, and two beautiful children here with me. Thank you for sharing that part of yourself with us all. <3
    Carrie @ Frugal Foodie Mama recently posted..Marvelous Monday Link Party #24My Profile

5. Hi Stephanie,
    It’s so great to learn more about you :)
    You are so pretty!
    I’m totally with you on #4 and
    #16 which is kinda funny, don’t you think!
    and reading about your babies got me all choked up. I’m so glad you have been blessed with miracles!
    Diane {Created by Diane} recently posted..Kitchen Tips: favorite uses for paper towelsMy Profile

6. How scary is it to have your pic in this post!? I have second thoughts every time I post mine. I started out anony too, but it’s nice to get personal sometimes. We have a lot in common :)
    mrs. williams recently posted..death by chocolate peanut butter pistachio cookiesMy Profile

7. Heather says:

LOVE it! I am so happy to have met you:)
    Heather recently posted..Three Musketeer stuffed Hot Chocolate MuffinsMy Profile

8. Thank you for sharing, it’s so nice to get to know you better! Yay for naturally curly girls! If I lived near you’d I’d totally come to you for haircuts because those w/out real curls just don’t get it ;)
    Sarah @ Will Run for Pasta recently posted..Portland Bloggers Meetup–November 2012 {aka SEO Speedwagon}My Profile

9. sharon says:

i am new to your site,but i am very happy to be here,thanks for your wonderful recipes

10. so lovely to meet and read all the things about you Stephanie! Some things I already knew… your chocolate and peanut butter love and your love for sparkles (we are twins!). Miracles do indeed happen and you are an amazing mother to 9 very lucky children, if they are with us or not. Love getting to know the Stephanie behind the blog and learning all of this about you. xoxo :)
    sally @ sallys baking addiction recently posted..Recipe Round 2: cake batter chocolate chip cookies.My Profile

11. Shannon says:

Just awesome!
    Luv it!

12. Julie says:

Thanks for sharing yourself. I need to do the same thing on my blog, but am a bit shy. :)

13. I know I read this a little while back on your ‘about’ page and I love learning more about other bloggers! I feel like I need a person like you in my life that knows something about style!

Plus, being a hairdresser with curly hair, you’d be able to help me with my mop.

I only have one daughter, but am the second oldest of 14 kids!
    Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen recently posted..Chocolate Peppermint Cake BallsMy Profile

14. Pamela says:

You are so beautiful! So glad to finally meet the lovely behind this awesome blog! Thanks for sharing with us today!
    Pamela recently posted..Featured December LovelyMy Profile

15. I loved reading this! Thanks for sharing so much about yourself. You are gorgeous!
    Mandy’s Recipe Box recently posted..Eggless Eggnog & a Giveaway!My Profile

16. I love it, girl! And I love you, too! You’re awesome, and I’m so glad we met and became BFFs :) I can’t wait to meet you in real life!
    Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Peppermint White Trash CandyMy Profile

17. It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d certainly donate to this outstanding blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group. Talk soon!

18. Tim says:

Awesome! Your blog is so overwhelmingly girly that I have trouble looking at it at work… but then I just tell people about my cool sister and her fabulous blog, so it works out well. :)

19. I just love getting to know friends better:) You are just beautiful (inside and out:)

Hope your week is filled with Blessings!
    Evelyn @ My Turn (for us) recently posted..Roasted Veggies and Sausage PastaMy Profile

20. good move…I started off the same way – in hiding. But people want to know about others (we’re all a little nosy), including myself! Thanks for sharing with us!
    Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik recently posted..Lola’s Pumpkin Dog BiscuitsMy Profile

21. terry says:

Thanks so much for sharing! You are gorgeous! Im envious of your “butterflies” ~ hoping someday to have that too! And like you I also have 6 Angel babies in heaven :( my miracle baby boy turned 18 on 12/2 :( it went by way to fast!! Enjoy your lil ones!

22. Such a wonderful post! I loved reading more about you and your picture is GORGEOUS!

Kelly at Smart! School {House}
    Kelly at Smart! School {House} recently posted..Whimsy Wednesday, Dec. 11thMy Profile

23. Hairdressers are supposed to always have glamorous hair, so it’s ok if you keep changing it up. BTW – You look gorgeous!
    Karyn – Pint Sized Baker recently posted..Gingerbread Pudding Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce and Biscoff Cookie CrustMy Profile

24. Lisa says:

At the risk of sounding like an internet creepster, you are gorgeous. How are you a baking blogger and not a super model. Also, I must say again that I hate belonging to the mourning mothers club, but I’m glad to have other moms like you there with me.

25. Hey Pretty Girl!! When I saw your picture on Instagram, I thought in my head, she looks like a hair stylist. All the ones I know are always looking awesome & put together. I’m happy to learn more about you!! XOXO! Meghan
    Meghan @ The Tasty Fork recently posted..Tomato Based Vegetable SoupMy Profile