Easy No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon rolls no longer need to be reserved for a special occasion. These Easy No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls are a cinch to whip up and taste divine!

Cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite things on the planet. Especially that bite right in the center where all the butter and sugar collect, and it’s all gooey and perfect…ahhhh, yum! They have to be smothered in frosting too. Boy, do I hate getting a cinnamon roll that’s stingy on the frosting.

These Easy No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls have everything I love in a traditional cinnamon roll, but they are SO much faster to make! There is no yeast in these rolls which means, no rising, no waiting. They are still made completely from scratch too – no box mixes here!! :)Easy NO YEAST Cinnamon Rolls from scratch!! SO delicious! http://backforsecondsbog.com #breakfast #recipe #Cinnamonrolls

If you never make cinnamon rolls because you think they take too much time, this recipe is for you! These really are easy to make, and while they have a few steps, it all comes together pretty quickly.
This is the recipe I came up with a few years ago and have used almost every time we want cinnamon rolls. Every now and then I make the kind using yeast, but honestly, this recipe tasted AWESOME and is a bazillion times faster, I always end up wishing I just made these instead.

**Follow Back for Seconds and never miss a post!**

Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter/Google+/Blog Lovin/Instagram/RSS

Easy No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls

Serves 12
Cook time 25 minutes
Total time 50 minutes
Everything you love about traditional cinnamon rolls in a fraction of the time! No yeast, no rising, no waiting! Just pure deliciousness, easy enough you can enjoy them anytime!

Dough

• 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cups buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup canola oil

Filling

• 1/2 cup butter (very soft)
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon

Icing

• 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
  • 4 tablespoons cream cheese (softened)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • splash buttermilk

Dough
Preheat oven to 375
In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder, sour cream, buttermilk, and oil. Mix until a dough forms.
Toss some flour on your counter and roll out the dough into a large rectangle at least 1/8" thick.
Filling
Evenly butter the entire surface of the dough with very soft (or melted) butter. Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar as evenly as possible.
Roll up the dough and slice into 12 equal rolls. Place them in a buttered pan with enough space in between for the rolls to expand.
Rolls
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until lightly browned and puffy. Immediately pour the icing over the rolls. Serve warm.
Icing
Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk and mix until creamy. Pour over hot rolls.

60 Responses to “Easy No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls”

1. Totally fab recipe Stephanie! And yes. The center one is the best thing ever!
    Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Milky Way Brownie BitesMy Profile

2. Cinnamon rolls are my favorite too! Can’t wait to try these!
    Mimi @ Culinary Couture recently posted..Skinny Banana Blueberry MuffinsMy Profile

3. Oooh, I love cinnamon rolls, and I love that you can make these without yeast! Gorgeous (and yes, the middle one is pure heaven!)!!
    Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl recently posted..Funfetti Cheesecake CookiesMy Profile

4. Tara Marchant Crim says:

If you use self rising flour can you leave out the soda and baking powder or is it best to use plain flour?????? Thanks for your help with this…. I love cinnamon rolls and am really looking forward to making home made ones….

Tara

Honestly, I can’t say for sure since I have not tried making them that way. I would think it would work using self rising flour and leaving out the soda and baking powder. BUT no promises… I have only tested the recipe as written :) If you try it with the self rising flour please let me know!

5. No yeast cinnamon rolls are awesome!!! Love being able to have cinnamon rolls quickly and easily!
    Tanya Schroeder recently posted..Almond Chocolate Chip Toffee CookiesMy Profile

6. Liz says:

Our house loves cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Saturday mornings but I don’t always have the time to make them. This recipe sounds perfect to whip up a quick batch! :)
    Liz recently posted..White Chocolate Biscoff Cookie BarsMy Profile

7. Melissa Mcclung says:

Could I use normal milk instead of buttermilk

• Amy Austin says:

yes but with not as good results…to sour the milk (kind of make it buttermilk ish…) add 1 tsp of either lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup of milk, let it sit for 20 mintues.

• Nicole MsUntamebully Jenkins says:

Buttermilk can be made with a cup of milk an 1 tsp of vinegar n let sit for 5 mins

8. anyonita says:

oh, you clever clogs! these look absolutely divine! i can’t wait to try them. i followed you from the monday link party at stone gable. i also wanted to invite you to attend my link parties on tuesdays. it’s just starting out, so we’re a small but consistent bunch. i’d love to have you help us grow :) here’s the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/p/link-parties.html
    & oh yes, i’ve pinned this! :)

9. Okay, is it super silly and crazy that yeast gives me the heebie jeebies?! I just don’t like how a tiny packet of sand-like stuff can make or break an entire loaf of bread. It’s so maniacal! Hahaha. So therefore, I heart that these are no-yeast cinnamon rolls. No risk of having them blow up in your face, but plenty of gooey, cinnamony rewards at the end :)
    Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Macaroon Bars [Brought to You by McCormick]My Profile

10. Sarah says:

Hello,
    It’s Man Approved Monday over at Man Approved Diet. Please stop by and bring a dish to share. While you’re there you can check out this week’s featured recipe and see what’s being shared this week!
    Hope to see you there!
    Sarah
    Sarah recently posted..Man Approved MondayMy Profile

11. No yeast?? I’m in!! These look great!
    Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes recently posted..Taste Testing at Perry’s Ice CreamMy Profile

12. This recipe is great for those mornings when I am feeling super lazy but my stomach is rumbling. Confession: I only eat the middle of the cinnamon roll, its the best part!
    Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry recently posted..Cheap Eats: Seattle Restaurant Week – Spring 2013My Profile

13. sometimes there is just no time for yeast! these look so good right now. much better than the fruit & yogurt breakfast I had this morning. :)
    sally @ sallys baking addiction recently posted..Triple Chocolate Layer Cake.My Profile

14. Love no yeast! Definitely need to give these a try!
    Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen recently posted..Double Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Cookies #chocolatepartyMy Profile

15. Love this recipe, thank you!!! Found you over at Chef in Training.
    Beth @ The First Year Blog
    Beth @ The First Year Blog recently posted..Peanut Butter Cup BrowniesMy Profile

16. I love cinnamon rolls and these look delicious! I’m pinning this!
    Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside recently posted..Blue Willow & Yellow TablescapeMy Profile

17. I love a good cinnamon roll! Looks delicious!
    Julianne @ Beyond Frosting recently posted..Zucchini Bread with Chocolate StreuselMy Profile

18. Lara says:

Hey lady, For the filling how do I add in the brown sugar? I think I am missing something, have everything ready to go just want to make sure I get it right!! Thanks-Lara

19. I’m glad to have no-yeast recipe for cinnamon rolls. Thanks. {pinned}
    Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life recently posted..Mexican Chicken SaladMy Profile

20. What a great recipe! We love cinnamon rolls and this is perfect!
    Pinned :)
    Erin @ Table for 7 recently posted..One Skillet Cheesy Beef and MacaroniMy Profile

21. Jelli says:

These look amazing! Your overwhelmingly generous amount of frosting is right up my alley! I totally drench mine too. Pinning!
    Jelli recently posted..Playground Adventures // Mommy-Brain MixerMy Profile

22. Kathy says:

I love making cinnamon rolls but they do always take so much time! I will be trying your recipe very soon!
    Kathy recently posted..Chocolate Mint Skillet BrownieMy Profile

23. I have been looking for a good receipe that takes less time and this seems like the winner! Glad we were able to connect.

24. Love this. I love yeast rolls, but this is worth a try. Thanks for sharing at Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker. I’ve pinned this for later.
    Karyn – Pint Sized Baker recently posted..Blueberry Cobbler for TwoMy Profile

25. Leslie says:

Your cinnamon rolls are making my mouth water! What a delicious splurge breakfood that I need to make very soon! I’ve never seen homemade ones that aren’t made with yeast, so that’s intruiging! I love how you staged your pictures, too. Beautiful:)
    Blessings,
    Leslie
    Leslie recently posted..Vanilla Bean TiramisuMy Profile

26. Christi says:

Ooh I love this, me and yeast have a love/hate relationship. I love the way it tastes, but I hate cooking with it!! Can’t wait to try these!
    Christi recently posted..The Not So Perfect Mom Meal Plan #5My Profile

27. I like the idea of no yeast. I can't wait to try these! Pinned. Julia @ http://www.juliakendrick.com.

28. shawnda says:

IS there any trick you used to make your dough not so flaky and fragile? Mine is falling apart almost like biscuit dough. :(

29. Mindy says:

Um, I love you for this. I’m all over these this weekend!
    Mindy recently posted..Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-UpsMy Profile

30. I can't wait to try these, yeast seems to be my arch enemy! Thanks

31. Ciara Mae says:

Hello there.:) I want to try you recipe, but I don't have sour cream. What can I use instead of sour cream?:) Thank you.

32. I will have to try these since I am not good with yeast baked goods!

33. Rozee says:

Is it ok to assemble these the night before and bake them in the morning? I’m going to give that a try. It’d probably take a little longer to cook, but that’d make then easier yet! I’ll try it unless I hear back that you wouldn’t recommend it. I’d add the glaze after baking, of course…

34. Rena says:

Hi! This looks amazing! How long do they last? If i want to serve them on Wednesday morning, can i make them today (Sunday)? And i’m assuming i frost them and store in the fridge? Do i warm them up before serving? Thanks!! Can’t wait to try these.

35. This recipe is very easy.I going to try it. wish me luck. wow cinamon rolls.

36. Fatima Ayed says:

Omg I made this yesterday and everyone absolutely LOOVEEEDDD it! I was sceptical about using this recipe since I've had some bad experiences with using recipes from the internet but oh my, this was fantastic! Thank you so much for such a delicious and amazing recipe!

37. Sara Ghansar says:

I made these tonight for my sis. She loved it and couldnt tell the difference from my yeast-rolls. Thanks so much for this quick recipe I wont be wasting 3 hours with yeast any more

38. Sára Marie says:

these were unbelievable! I live outside the US so most of my friends have no idea what a cinnamon roll should actually taste like… but it was loved by all, especially me, who got them made quickly and in a pinch! great recipe, I will definitely be checking out your blog in the future :)

39. Soraya says:

these were awesome. My daughter and I made them and came out great! The family love the flavor! Thanks

40. sehr says:

wht is sour cream? plz tell and is there any replacement to itthanks

41. Kathleen R. says:

I made these today for mother’s day and they were a hit!

42. Laurie says:

I made these for my 92 yr old Mom this morning. It’s just us so I cut the log in half to save for tomorrow morning. I added some lightly toasted pecans and m u sed them with the butter, sugar and Vietnamese cinnamon I have. I needed to cool down the mix so I put it in the freezer for 5 minutes. I learned that k lesson years ago when my filling ran out i f the rolls. Didn’t have powdered sugar so I put sugar in my Ninja and gave it a whirl. Can’t wait to try them. So far it’s a perfect recipe. Thanks for sharing

43. bikki says:

hay!!! gorgeus recepie looking for to try it … i have one question… what can i use instead buttermilk? i can’t find it our stores :(

44. Romaine says:

These were super, even with the small changes – coconut oil instead of canola; Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. I did not have any plain cream cheese on hand, but had chocolate – the kids still loved! It is a keeper for sure! Thanks so much for sharing it!
    Romaine recently posted..Best DadMy Profile

45. Daisy Schwenke says:

These were amazing!! I will definitely
    make these again!! One thing I did to
    the frosting was instaid of buttermilk, I
    Put in heavy whipping cream, and also
    added some cinnamon!!

1. Back For Seconds Social *Link Party* - Back for Seconds
  2. Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Bread - Can't Stay Out Of The Kitchen
  3. Busy Monday – week of April 21 | A Pinch of Joy
  4. Domestic Kind of Night | Cheating on Chocolate
  5. Projet 52, semaine 12: Brioches à la cannelle maison.
  6. Foodies Network » Easy No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls