PAYDAY Chex Mix

If you love when salty and sweet come together, you will love this Payday Chex Mix! This snack takes just 5 minutes and 4 ingredients to make and tastes just like the candy bar.

Payday Chex Mix - 5 MINUTES and 4 INGREDIENTS @Backforseconds http://backforsecondsblog.com  #payday #saltyandsweet #chexmix

Reasons why you need this recipe for Payday Chex Mix:

It’s an easy dessert recipe that takes about 5 minutes to make.

It’s a quick snack idea that satisfies both salty and sweet lovers.

It’s no bake, which means it’s perfect for hot summer days when you don’t want to turn on the oven.

It tastes like a Payday candy bar.

Did I mention it takes just 5 minutes to make?

I love salty and sweet treats. The only problem is they’re really addicting. You know how when you eat something salty, you then need something sweet to balance out the salt you just ate? Then after your sweet treat, you’re left wanting something with salt again? It’s a vicious cycle ;)

That doesn’t ever happen with this Payday Chex Mix. It not only covers the salt and the sweet, but it has the perfect balance of textures too! Crispy chex cereal, gooey chewy caramel, and salty crunchy peanuts.

You just can’t go wrong here, kids!

Payday Chex Mix

• 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
  • 14oz caramel ((I used the Kraft caramels))
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 1/2 cup salted peanuts

In a large bowl melt the caramels and milk in the microwave. Stir after 1 minute and again every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Add chex and peanuts to the caramel and quickly yet carefully stir until well coated. Pour onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or silicon baking mat and let it set up. Store in a closed container at room temperature for up to 2 days.

53 Responses to “PAYDAY Chex Mix”

1. Wendy says:

This snack mix has something for everyone: sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy. And I love Payday candy bars. :)
    Wendy recently posted..Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Crunch CookiesMy Profile

2. This is an insanely genius recipe!! I love paydays!
    Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Easy Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ice Cream {June Dairy Month}My Profile

3. My Dad used to eat a Payday a day when I was little. I can still remember seeing those white wrappers in his truck :) He would love this!
    Trish – Mom On Timeout recently posted..Fruit Basket Mini Sugar Cookie Pizzas {June Dairy Month}My Profile

4. Best. Recipe. Ever! No doubt! I am obsesssssed with PayDays and my dad is even more crazy about them. I am totally making this for him for Father’s Day! You’re brilliant, my beautiful friend :)
    Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..No-Bake Birthday Cake Ice Cream CupsMy Profile

5. Kathy says:

Wow! This is right up my ally! Quick, easy and sweet and salty!
    Kathy recently posted..Sausage and Cheese Oven PancakeMy Profile

6. I have a recipe for homemade Payday bars..but this is the ticket! Fast, easy, and so addictive I bet :)

7. I haven’t had a payday in years! I bet this taste great!
    Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Biscoff Cookie Spread PopcornMy Profile

8. You had me at five minutes! This sweet and salty treat sounds awesome.
    Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry recently posted..Breakfast CalzonesMy Profile

9. This sounds delicious and a perfect easy snack recipe! Thanks for sharing! Found you through the chef in training link party. Come see me at New Mrs. Adventures

Thanks!
    NewMrsAdventures recently posted..Tasty Tuesday- Summertime Cauliflower SaladMy Profile

10. Um you didn’t need to give me all those reasons- the pictures spoke to me! But thanks for giving me some more reasons!! This looks fantastic!
    Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen recently posted..Brown Butter Oat & M&M CookiesMy Profile

11. Victoria B. says:

I think we will be making this for Father’s Day. My fiancee loves Pay Days and Chex Mix. Plus it shouldn’t be to hard for a preschooler to include in the making! Thank you for sharing. Now following you on bloglovin’
    Victoria B. recently posted..The Borrowers by Mary NortonMy Profile

12. This looks great! I’ve pinned it. Thanks.
    Beth @ Aunt B’s Kitchen recently posted..Nacho Average JoeMy Profile

13. Anonymous says:

Um yes please! This looks awesome! I would love for you to link up your Pay Day Chex Mix at Party In Polka Dots!

I am pinning it too!

Shelley

14. What a creative (and delicious) idea! This would be perfect to link up to my Create It Thursday post..it’s live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/06/create-it-thursday-5-plus-features.html
    Leslie Lambert recently posted..Create It Thursday #5 (Plus Features)My Profile

15. This sounds so good. I’d love it if you would bring this over to my Saturday Spotlight party to share. Hope to see you there!

April
    Angels Homestead
    April @ Angel’s Homestead recently posted..Saturday Spotlight #20My Profile

16. Yum! I love this flavor combo! Love it! I’ve pinned it! Thanks for sharing at Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker.
    Karyn – Pint Sized Baker recently posted..Volcano Cake PopsMy Profile

17. Lynn Stumpf- Huntley says:

Ok, Now this I have got to try! Yum:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines.

18. susanna says:

This looks really good! One question… does it really only keep for two days? Why, does it get soggy? Thanks!

Thanks, Susanna! After about 2 days the Chex start to soften. It still tastes good, but the texture changes. It tastes best the first two days, in my opinion. Hope you enjoy!

19. Jenn Renae says:

omg yum!

20. Sounds like a tasty snack for the weekend!
    Marjory @ Dinner-Mom recently posted..Weekly Meal Plan: Busy Family EditionMy Profile

21. Oh yum! The caramel with the peanuts sounds awesome.

22. I love the mix of flavors and textures in this. YUM!
    Sarah Caron (Sarah’s Cucina Bella) recently posted..New on Momtastic: May 2014 EditionMy Profile

23. Angie says:

I love chex mix! And this version with peanuts and caramel is to die for! Nothing beats a payday!
    Angie recently posted..Grilled Fruit and Vegetable KabobsMy Profile

24. This chex mix has my name all over it! Yum!
    Miriam @ OvertimeCook recently posted..Grilled Chicken in Mustard SauceMy Profile

25. Okay, I’m in. Just pass the bowl this way. I ADORE caramel and think the idea of putting it in a Chex mix is awesome.
    The Mom Chef ~ Taking on Magazines One Recipe at a Time recently posted..Soy-Glazed Chicken Thighs with Asparagus and ScallionsMy Profile

26. Susan says:

This looks really dangerous and probably one of those snacks that I wouldn’t be able to stop eating!
    Susan recently posted..Grilled Watermelon and Halloumi Farro SaladMy Profile

27. Mallory says:

Wow. This looks amazing! Perfect for Friday night movies. I am pinning this.
    Mallory recently posted..Southwestern Avocado Chicken Lettuce WrapsMy Profile

28. Mmmm, caramel gets me every time!
    Colleen (Souffle Bombay) recently posted..Balsamic Roasted Cherries with Goat CheeseMy Profile

29. Stephanie.. oh my goodness.. hand over the bowl!!
    Beth @ The First Year recently posted..Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip SconesMy Profile

30. Danielle Gardner says:

This was a huge hit at my foot party yesterday! So simple and easy to make. Had to give the recipe to several people. Thanks for sharing! Will definitely make it again!

31. Danielle Gardner says:

Definitely meant football party!!! Lol

32. cindy3539 says:

The taste was good, but mine never got “unsticky” and was a bit of a mess to eat. Is that how the recipe is supposed to be?

1. Link Party 130 Features