Easy Pumpkin Pie Truffles

These Easy Pumpkin Pie Truffles are seriously addicting! Try this twist on a classic holiday dessert at your family gatherings -they’re sure to be a hit!!

Never miss a recipe – follow Back For Seconds on Blog Lovin

Easy Pumpkin Pie Truffles - Totally addicting and simple to make! @Backforseconds #pumpkin Pie #pumpkinpietruffles #thanksgivingdessert

I am in love with those Oreo truffles everyone makes around the holidays. I make about million every Christmas – all different varieties.  A few weeks ago I got this great idea to make a pumpkin pie version! You guys, this recipe is so easy and it’s perfect for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Monday’s!

Honestly I am not a huge fan of pumpkin pie. But take a golden Oreo truffle and add some pumpkin puree and cinnamon and suddenly you have a version of pumpkin pie that is totally irresistible!

My twin 2 year olds begged for one of these truffles every time I was in the kitchen.  So, I guess they’re kid approved too ;)

Make a batch of these little gems for the next party you go to. They’re such a fun twist on a classic dessert. Enjoy!

And here’s a little snippet of my life, in case you’re curious:

26 weeks pregnant

26 weeks pregnant. Fat and happy :)

Easy Pumpkin Pie Truffles

Serves 65
These Easy Pumpkin Pie Truffles are seriously addicting! Try this twist on a classic holiday dessert at your family gathering - it's sure to be a hit!!

• 1 bag golden Oreos (finely ground in a food processor)
  • 6oz cream cheese (softened)
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 16oz white chocolate (or candy coating/almond bark)

Mix everything except the white chocolate until very well combined and smooth. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
Roll the chilled dough into 1 1/2" balls and set them on a cookie sheet. Freeze the truffles for 30 minutes.
Melt the white chocolate according to package instructions. Dip one truffle at a time into the chocolate. Lift truffle out of the chocolate from underneath with a fork, tapping lightly to remove excess chocolate. Add orange sprinkles or let the chocolate set up and drizzle with more white chocolate dyed orange.
Store covered in the refrigerator.

Other fun truffle recipes:

Rum-Fetti Cake Batter Truffles

Rum-Fetti Cake Batter Truffles - Easy no bake cake batter truffles made from scratch...with rum!! http://backforsecondsblog.com #funfetti #cakebatter #truffles

Raspberry Oreo Truffle Crack

Raspberry Oreo Truffle Crack @BackForSeconds #ValentinesDay #candy #oreos #nobake http://backforsecondsblog.com

SKINNY Peanut Butter Truffles

Skinny Peanut Butter Truffles  @BackForSeconds

Bubble Gum Cookie Truffles

Bubble Gum Cookie Truffles by Back For Seconds #animalcrackers #bubblegum #truffles #pink #sprinkles

54 Responses to “Easy Pumpkin Pie Truffles”

1. These look amazing. So fun and colorful. I haven’t done or seen oreo truffles before. What a fun idea, I think I’m going to have to try them around the holidays.
    Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Halloween CookiesMy Profile

2. YES! Golden Oreos + Pumpkin are so good. LOVE!
    Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Spiderweb Cookie PizzaMy Profile

3. I love this! So festive and I bet they’re super delicious!
    Mimi @ Culinary Couture recently posted..Eid Creations Review and Giveaway!My Profile

4. Yum! These incorporate some of my all time favorite ingredients (white chocolate, pumpkin, and Golden Oreos) and I love how pretty you made them :).
    Rebecca @ Dorm Room Baker recently posted..Apple Muffins with Graham Cracker StreuselMy Profile

5. Kathy says:

Awesome idea! These would not last long in our house!
    Kathy recently posted..Bean EnchiladasMy Profile

6. The golden Orea/pumpkin combo sounds delicious, Stephanie, and these look so cute and festive for fall!

And you are just glowing in your baby bump picture…congratulations! :)
    Samantha @ Five Heart Home recently posted..Fool-Proof Flaky Butter Pie CrustMy Profile

7. These truffles look amazing! I love recipes like this because they make portion control so easy! Your baby bump is so cute! :)

8. Juliana says:

These look so yummy!!!

9. Jen Nikolaus says:

You are darling!!!! Congratulations!! Are you having a boy or girl? Or are you not finding out? Your little bump is too cute!

These truffles look so freaking delicious. I HAVE to make them! Pinning now to my Fall & Halloween pin board! Congrats again! :)
    Jen Nikolaus recently posted..Slow Cooker Cranberry ChickenMy Profile

Thank you so much, Jen!! We are having a boy! My 4 year old daughter will be the lone princess with twin 2 year old brothers and now this baby boy. We are thrilled :) Thanks for pinning too!

10. Hello I am stopping by from Wake up Wednesday! These look amazing, and I can’t wait to try them sometime! :)
    Ciara @ Teaspoon recently posted..Buffalo QuesadillaMy Profile

11. Stephanie, you look beautiful! And I am in love with these truffles :) A perfect fall treat.
    Amy | Club Narwhal recently posted..COOKIE BUTTER PIE WITH NUTELLA HOT FUDGE AND PRETZEL CRUSTMy Profile

12. Scarlett says:

Am a new visitor from Whatever Wednesday. These truffles look absolutely amazing! Perfect for that sweet craving! You look amazing in your baby bump pic!
    Scarlett recently posted..Healthy Halloween Meals: Part 1My Profile

13. These look really good. Thanks for sharing them with us. You still look really good, and NOT fat!
    Mandi Welbaum recently posted..Easy Weeknight Dinner – Enchiladas!My Profile

14. Dina says:

they’re cute and look yummy!
    Dina recently posted..Dina’s Top 5 Seamless DeliveryMy Profile

15. These look so fun and delicious!! Pinned ;) Thanks for sharing!
    Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate recently posted..12 Boo-tiful Pumpkin Decorating Ideas!My Profile

16. CanNOT wait to make these and devour them! Featuring you this weekend!! Thanks for linkin to Sunday FUNday!
    Kristine Foley recently posted..Easy Cheap Upcycled DIY Halloween Goodness {home decor + tutorials}My Profile

17. Ali says:

Thank you so much for linking this recipe up at Recipe Sharing Monday! The new link party is up and I’d love to see you back. Have a great week. :)
    Ali recently posted..Recipe Sharing Monday #68 + Features!My Profile

18. Jen says:

I have to make these for my office halloween party! Around how many truffles does this recipe make?

19. Thanks for sharing, these yummies will be featured tomorrow on prototypemama.com and shared on Southern Girl Blog Communities FB and Twitter page!

I hope to see you this Friday
    Prototype Mama and Southern Girl Blog Community recently posted..Southern Girl Blog Community presents That’s Fresh Friday Link UpMy Profile

20. Manda Wolf says:

Those look really good! And so pretty too! Everything sounds good but the cream cheese, I personally don’t like it and my hubby won’t touch anything that has cream cheese in it with a 10 foot pole. Any ideas for substitutions?

21. Stephanie, these little treats got the most clicks at Wake Up Wednesdays! Check out your feature! http://thetastyfork.com/2013/10/29/wake-up-wednesdays-link-party-10/
    Meghan @ The Tasty Fork recently posted..Wake Up Wednesdays Link Party #10My Profile

22. I’ll have to try these! I would’ve never thought to add pumpkin puree – are they more “crumbly” or dry when compared to the traditional oreo truffles (crushed oreos/cream cheese)?
    Thanks for sharing, you’re looking great!
    Sarah @ Miss Candiquik recently posted..10 Easiest Treats EverMy Profile

23. These look divine! I can’t wait to try them. I’ve made the oreo cookie truffles before and they looks horrendous- I really messed them up, but boy did they taste good. I’m hoping I have better luck with these! Thanks for sharing the recipe :-)
    rebecca.a.matthews@gmail.com recently posted..Why We Deep Fry Our Turkey and You Should TooMy Profile

24. aanchal says:

Thank you for the recipe!

I’ve seen other variations online, but I really want to try this one! It looks so good! :)

My question: If i use crushed gingersnaps cookies instead of golden oreos, would it taste more like pumpkin pie? or do the gingersnap cookies have too much flavor that it would overpower the pumpkin mixture?

thanks in advance!

I think the gingersnaps would be a fun variation, but as far as tasting the most like actual pumpkin pie – the golden oreos are perfect! Gingersnaps would give them a strong ginger flavor not normally found in traditional pumpkin pie. Either way, I bet they’d taste yummy :) Hope you enjoy them!

25. Cheryl says:

My dough did not seem thick enough to roll into balls :(
    It tastes super yummy though. I followed the recipe? Help? Thank you.

Try leaving the dough in the refrigerator for a couple hours. The dough is soft, but it shouldn’t be too soft to roll. If it still isn’t thick enough try adding some powdered sugar. Keeping them refrigerated (or even in the freezer for a bit) should do the trick. Good luck!
      Stephanie recently posted..Peppermint Hot Chocolate DipMy Profile

26. Amanda says:

Hi there, these look fantastic, I do have a question though. Would I remove the creme filling before putting the cookies into the food processor? Thanks so much!!

1. 35 Pumpkin Recipes - Chocolate Chocolate and More!
  2. Inspiration Monday Party | Redhead Can DecorateRedhead Can Decorate
  3. Busy Monday 86 | A Pinch of Joy
  4. Wake Up Wednesdays - Kitchen Meets Girl
  5. Wake Up Wednesdays Link Party #10 | The Tasty Fork
  6. Wake Up Wednesdays {Week 10} | wine & glue
  7. Thanksgiving Treats
  8. Create & Inspire Party 11/1: Thanksgiving Recipes to Try » Little Inspiration
  9. Create & Inspire Party | Thanksgiving Recipes - A Night Owl Blog