Fudgy Lemon Brownies

Love lemon desserts? Try these Fudgy Lemon Brownies, they are heavenly!

Never miss a recipe, follow Back For Seconds on Bloglovin!

Fudgy Lemon Brownies - Oh my. these are HEAVENLY!! #lemon #dessert #brownies

Lemon bars are a huge favorite in our house, especially with my husband and daughter. My favorite dessert is a fudgy brownie. So I got this great idea to merge all of our favorites into one amazing lemon brownie! Oh boy, these are good!!!

Fudgy Lemon Brownies - Oh my. these are HEAVENLY!! #lemon #dessert #brownies

These have the texture of a fudgy brownie and the flavor of a lemon bar. They are kind of perfect. We especially loved them chilled! These will be great for a treat on the warm days ahead!

Fudgy Lemon Brownies - Oh my. these are HEAVENLY!! #lemon #dessert #brownies

I think these will be showing up a lot in my kitchen this spring and summer.  Even though they are brownies, the citrus flavor makes them a nice refreshing dessert – especially if you refrigerate them!

So, I want to know – What’s your favorite dessert?

Fudgy Lemon Brownies - Oh my. these are HEAVENLY!! #lemon #dessert #brownies

Fudgy Lemon Brownies

Serves 16
Cook time 25 minutes
Total time 35 minutes
These Fudgy Lemon Brownies are soft and fudgy and are bursting with bright lemon flavor! If you like lemon bars, you will love these!

• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 6oz white chocolate
  • 3/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup lemon luice
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • zest of one lemon

Preheat oven to 350*
In a glass bowl melt the butter with the white chocolate and stir until smooth. Add sugar and mix well with a wooden spoon. Mix in the salt, lemon juice, and eggs until incorporated. Stir in flour until well combined.
Spread batter into a greased 8" pan. Bake for 28 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Add lemon zest for an extra boost of lemon flavor!
*Tastes great refrigerated!

More Brownies:

Fudgy White Chocolate Brownies

the best white chocolate brownie recipe

Fudgy Butterscotch Brownies

Fudgy butterscotch brownies recipe

Coconut Cream Brownies

Coconut Cream Brownie Recipe

23 Responses to “Fudgy Lemon Brownies”

1. Marly says:

What a great idea! Love lemon…and it will be even better in a fudgy brownie format!

2. Viktoriya says:

Could I use 4 oz white chocolate since unfortunately that’s all I have? Would the recipe be ruined?

3. Oh my gosh…I’m fairly certain I’d eat the whole batch!
    Sarah @ Miss Candiquik recently posted..Peanut Butter Truffle SpoonsMy Profile

4. Karly says:

Totally irresistible! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!

5. Debbie Sofie says:

Just made your lemon brownies, so good! I put a
    lemon glaze on top and chilled them. My family loves all things lemon!

6. I love lemon bars but never thought to make them this way. This is fantastic!
    Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) recently posted..DIY Chai Tea LatteMy Profile

7. Did I die and go to Heaven??!! Fudgy lemon brownies?? These are amazing!
    Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes recently posted..Buttermilk Biscuit and Egg Breakfast CobblerMy Profile

8. Lemon desserts are a huge favorite in our house. I especially like the idea of a lemon bar with a brownie texture. Can’t wait to give these a try.
    Lana @ Never Enough Thyme recently posted..BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with Peach RelishMy Profile

9. Ginny McMeans says:

I can just imagine how these taste. Thanks for the recipe.

10. Kim Beaulieu says:

I love lemon so these are right up my alley. Totally trying these.
    Kim Beaulieu recently posted..Farro with Dried Cherries and Pistachios | Celebrating #HealthySpring with a @KitchenIQ #GiveawayMy Profile

11. Oh these look fantastic – Stephanie – the white chocolate and the lemon – fabulous combination!
    Aly ~ Cooking In Stilettos recently posted..Toasting The End Of #BrunchWeek With A Prosecco MojitoMy Profile

12. No way! I LOVE lemon anything! In a brownie?? Yes please!

13. WOW, these look amazing! I love love love anything lemon, I have to make these ASAP! :)

14. Kim says:

Mine unfortunately came out really cakey… Any ideas how to remedy it? Less flour? More chocolate?

• Sorry to hear that, Kim. These are so so fudgy, so I am really surprised yours came out cakey! If you are sure you followed the recipe, I would cut the flour by 1/4 cup and you should have nice, fudgy brownies :)

15. bianca says:

how much grams are 1 3/4 cup of flour?

1. Foodies Network » Fudgy Lemon Brownies