Brown Butter Toffee Blondies

These Brown Butter Toffee Blondies are rich and chewy and will surely satisfy that sweet craving! The variety of flavors and textures will make you swoon!

Never miss a recipe, follow Back For Seconds on Bloglovin!

Brown Butter Toffee Blondies - Learn How To Brown Buter to make these awesome blondies!  #brownbutter #blondies #toffee

If you have never baked with brown butter before, let me tell you: it’s time! This recipe shows how easy it is to brown butter.  It dramatically enhances the flavors in these blondies making them totally irresistible!

Brown Butter Toffee Caramel Blondies - Learn How To Brown Buter to make these awesome blondies!  #brownbutter #blondies #toffee

I am currently obsessed with baking all things bars, and also, baking with brown butter.

The bar obsession is mostly because I have 4 little ones at home with me all day, and my oldest (who is 5) loves to help ion the kitchen. Bars are easy! And they are fast, so I can get back to snuggling my little baby, and keep a close eye on my *ahem* adventurous 2 year old twin boys :)

These blondies are chewy and packed full of goodness. The nuttiness of the brown butter is heavenly with the chocolate and toffee. The caramel on top is completely optional – but if you’re feeling like really indulging, go for it! Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and that’s about as good as it gets!

Learn How To Brown Buter to make these awesome Brown Butter Toffee Blondies!  #brownbutter #blondies #toffee

Brown Butter Toffee Blondies

Serves 24
Cook time 25 minutes
Total time 45 minutes

• 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cup toffee bits
  • 1/2 cup caramel sauce (for topping if desired)

Cut the butter into tablespoons and place in a small sauce pan. Melt the butter over medium heat, stirring often. Continue stirring after it has melted. It will foam and start to brown. Once it is a nice medium light shade of brown and it smells nutty, turn off the heat and place in a bowl to cool.
Once the butter has cooled, beat it together with the brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the salt and eggs, mixing well. Add the baking powder and flour and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate and toffee. Spread into a greased 9x13" pan and bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until golden and edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
If desired, drizzle with caramel and more toffee bits.
Store in a sealed container.

More easy bar recipes:

Snickers Brownies

Snickers Brownies - Rich, fudgy, and oozing caramel and chocolate. These are a MUST MAKE! #snickers #brownies #chocolate

Gooey Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Bars

My family's FAVORITE bar recipe! Gooey Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Bars http://backforsecondsblog.com  #cookiebars #dessert #butterscotch #chocolate

Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars

Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars

27 Responses to “Brown Butter Toffee Blondies”

1. Baby June says:

Oh my goodness those look amazing! That caramel drizzle mmmmm… :)
    Baby June recently posted..Depression and other not-so-happy thingsMy Profile

2. Oh, the ooey-gooey goodness. YUM!
    Sarah Caron (Sarah’s Cucina Bella) recently posted..Sesame Roll RecipeMy Profile

3. Looks delicious!!
    kristy @ the wicked noodle recently posted..4-minute spicy garlic shrimpMy Profile

4. Alyssa says:

These bars look fantastic! I really need to try brown butter, I keep seeing so many good things made with it.
    Alyssa recently posted..Showcase Your Talent Thursday #113My Profile

5. These look so fudge-y and delicious!! Brown butter is amazing :)
    Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos recently posted..Hot Fudge Malt DipMy Profile

6. I go nuts for anything toffee! And I have to say, sometimes I prefer a blondie over a brownie…so these are just right up my alley!
    Alyssa {Cake, Crust, and Sugar Dust} recently posted..Berries and Cream Sorbet [no machine!]My Profile

7. Candi says:

Wow, you really know how to make a “lady” drool lol they look sooooo goood.

8. Mir says:

I’m totally with you on the preference for baking bars when there are little kids around. You have your hands full!
    And these are incredible. Love the browned butter!
    Mir recently posted..Peanut Butter BarsMy Profile

9. WOW – these look amazing Stephanie!
    Martha @ A Family Feast recently posted..Scarpaccia (Zucchini Tart)My Profile

10. These look so beyond messy and gooey. Things that I adore in my desserts!
    Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) recently posted..Blackberry Pomegranate SpritzersMy Profile

11. Your photos are making me drool, gorgeous!

12. Nutmeg Nanny says:

These look so amazing!
    Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..10 Last Minute Memorial Day RecipesMy Profile

13. Browned butter should come with a warning label on it, because that stuff is DANGEROUS. (Well, it’s dangerous for my waistline, at least. And my hips. And my thighs.) I could totally demolish that stack of blondies in two minutes flat given half the chance! :)
    Isabelle @ Crumb recently posted..Wild Thing: Flaky Chinese-Style Ramp PancakesMy Profile

14. Brown butter makes everything better. Yum!

15. Marly says:

What a beautiful recipe and photographs!!
    Marly recently posted..Raspberry Sugar Cookie BarsMy Profile

16. Oh my gosh! Some serious yum factor here. And I was going to start a diet this weekend, too :-)
    Lana @ Never Enough Thyme recently posted..Broccoli SaladMy Profile

17. Holy cow these look AMAZING!
    Lauren Kelly Nutrition recently posted..Comment on Italian Pesto Pasta Salad by laurenMy Profile

18. I love a great bar recipe and this will be added to my list of favorites. Toffee and brown butter….OMG.
    Kellie @ The Suburban Soapbox recently posted..Comment on Grilled Beef Tenderloin Sandwich with Spicy Steakhouse Aioli by John @ run. geek. run(disney)My Profile

19. Swoon-worthy indeed Stephanie! Pinned and shared on FB!
    Trish – Mom On Timeout recently posted..Toffee Cookie BarsMy Profile

20. LOOK AT THAT DRIPPY TOFFEE! I can’t even think straight after seeing that, and now I’m going to make them for breakfast.
    Your fault. But, I’m okay with that!
    Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness recently posted..Hawaiian Pizza Burger {High Protein, Whole Wheat + Super Simple}My Profile

21. If I eat the whole pan by myself, who will judge me? ;)
    DessertForTwo recently posted..Comment on Microwave Chocolate Mug Cakes by Jessica @ Sweet MenuMy Profile

22. Now I can think of nothing else but making brownies.
    Paula – bell’alimento recently posted..Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Rhubarb SorbetMy Profile

23. Oh man – I’m a sucker for anything with brown butter! These brownies look incredible!

1. Double Chocolate Heath Bars - Back for Seconds